Welcome to the Editor's Daily Blog

Southern California Fire Journal.Com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Violence in South Los Angeles












As I was taking my turn in the pit, a termed used by fire photographers who stage at Slauson and the Harbor Freeway, I was having some radio problems, so I changed location to 76th street and Vermont Ave to see if I could hit a new radio repeater that EPN is testing. As I pulled over, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's helicopter started to circle above my truck, then I could hear a half dozen sirens quickly approaching my location. Before I knew it guns were drawn, deputies and suspects were running down the street, crowds started to form and I was at the center of it all. This is the second time I got caught up in a melee of sorts, the other was at 84th and Broadway when the LAPD went after a 187 suspect right in front of my truck. In full tactical gear swat teams surrounded a building that I was sitting right in front of. So taking a defensive posture I found cover in case bullets started to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment